Friday, April 29, 2011

Visa Troubles

Today we found out that our visas are all coming along nicely with one exception - mine!  Long story short is that I will only have a 90 day visa, while the rest of my family is getting a 3 year visa.  This means that I will have to leave Russia within 90 days, hopefully to a nearby consulate, apply for a new visa, and then re-enter the country.  Hopefully, I can do this from Seoul or Tokyo, but it may also be necessary for me to travel farther west to Europe or even back to the U.S.   While of course a Mommy vacation does sound nice, one by myself to a foreign country doesn't sound as appealing as it did when I was in my 20's and single.  I guess my naivete (is that a word?) has worn off with time.  This, after, our airplane tickets turning into a small fiasco just keeps us on our toes and knees.  I keep wondering just what God is trying to teach us?  Flexibility for one.  That we will surely need overseas.    If anyone has any good suggestions of fun places in Europe or Asia to travel for vacationing & visas, please pass them along!

No comments: