Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Apartment Life

I am fast asleep.  In my "dream", I hear the sound of someone talking loudly in Russian in my apartment.  Wait!  It isn't a dream.  It really is someone talking.  Could the window be open?  Perhaps it is someone outside on the sidewalk.   No.  It must be inside, but it can't be.  I lean over to the bedside shelf and reach for the watch.  It's 2:30 in the morning.  Where is my husband?  And who is in our apartment talking at this time of night?  I get up, wrap my blanket around me and walk down the hall.  It really IS someone in our apartment.  I hear (in Russian):  "Tomorrow I am coming to remove the toilet."  .... Finally, the lady & repairman leave. 

What happened?  Apparently, there was loud knocking on our door which woke my light-sleeping husband.  The neighbors below had a leak on their ceiling below our bathroom.  Apparently, we have a leaky toilet.  She called our landlord and threatened to take him to court.  How sad!    And at 2:30 in the morning - what terrible news to receive!

1 comment:

TaylorFamily said...

The lady hasn't returned and our toilet still leaks!