Sunday, March 11, 2012

Switching Gears

If you have read my blog at all, you will know that I have been silent the past few months.  This is because since mid-December, we have been "home" in Alabama.  We have thoroughly enjoyed life here - our big backyard, the very mild weather, grandparents!, friends, our church, homeschool events, Art and P.E. classes... It would be almost ideal except that my dear husband and beloved Daddy has not been here to enjoy it with us.  Instead he has been in sub-Arctic temperatures working hard and sacrificing his own desires to serve his family and pay the bills in Khabarovsk.   Last year at this time, I was just itching to get out of here and find out what the Lord had in store for us in this far-away remote part of Russia.  We had suffered numerous sicknesses and accidents while hubby was away, and life by ourselves didn't seem all that great.  This year, I must admit that I have been content here in our comfortable little world and really didn't want to leave it.  However, since we have purchased tickets to go back, God is preparing me slowly for our transition to our Russian "Narnia".   No, there aren't any fawns, white witches, or talking beavers, but it does sometime seem especially in winter that it is "always winter and never Christmas".  And as we step through the wardrobe and onto the airplane, the scenery does dramatically change.  Our travel date is April 11.   As we make this transition my blogging should also pick up speed.  I look forward to sharing our adventures those who find time to read my stories.

No comments: