Monday, May 9, 2011

The journey begins...

19 bags and 750+ lbs. & 6 children made it to the airport this morning. We even made it on time, I might add. That in itself is remarkable for our family. Everything went smoothly as we checked in and manageable through security. (Although now that I think about it, C3 at one point did just sit down and park himself in the security aisle. I guess he had already had too much fun!) We had practiced that one yesterday. The part I failed to practice was going up an escalator while pulling a carry-on and wearing a backpack. From now on I will refer to the children as C8, C6, C4, and C3 (as of tomorrow). C8 and C4 made it fine. C6 and C3 had a mild meltdown. I was thankful for the nice skycap who helped up C6 and for Mimi with C3. We may not be so fortunate in other airports. I am also thankful right now for the person who thought up the idea to put children's cartoons and toys in the gate area, thus allowing me to begin my journal. More to be continued...

No comments: